Broken SCOM Web Console URLs?

I come across a situation where when i click on the web console URL from a SCOM notification email such as this one: http://<SCOM Web Server>/default.aspx?DisplayMode=Pivot&AlertID=%7b07aac5b0-4cf8-411f-b5a0-cb0075dc0f31%7d I get a HTTP 500 error: I had to change the URL from http://<SCOM Web Server>/default.aspx?DisplayMode=Pivot&AlertID=%7b07aac5b0-4cf8-411f-b5a0-cb0075dc0f31%7d to http://<SCOM Web Server>/default.aspx?DisplayMode=Pivot&AlertID={07aac5b0-4cf8-411f-b5a0-cb0075dc0f31} to make it work. It’s quiet painful as %7b and %7d comes as a part of SCOM WebConsole Link variable… For this particular environment, I found out it was caused by Forefront TMG server was blocking encoded URLs for this website. After unticking Verify normalization and Block high bit characters in the TMG rule, the

SCOM Console Crashes

When I connect SCOM console to one of my clients SCOM 2007 R2 environment, under Authoring Pane, if I change the display scope of Monitors or Rules to “View all target” and select everything: the console crashes. – Maybe there are too many objects for it to handle. After the crash, when I re-launch the console, I cannot go back into Authoring Pane. It crashes everytime I click on “Authoring”. To fix it so I can go back to Authoring Pane, I had to delete this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Console\Navigation\MonitoringConfigNavSettings\ScopedClasses I started the console again after the deletion and

%d bloggers like this: