Updated OpsMgr 2012 Alert Update Connector Management Pack

I recently implemented OpsMgr 2012 Alert Update Connector in the new OpsMgr 2012 environments that I’m building. I have previously blogged my way of generating AUC’s configuration XML. Now in my environment, AUC is playing a critical role in the alert logging process, it needs to be highly available. nothing will get logged to the ticketing system if AUC is not running. The unsealed management pack that came with AUC monitors each individual instance of Alert Update Connector service. It generates a critical alert when the service is not running while the start mode is configured to Automatic. However, in my

Lookout for the IE Version in the OpsMgr PowerShell Web Browser Widget

Last night, while I was working on my newly created Google Map Dashboard in OpsMgr, I kept getting script errors from the PowerShell Web Browser widget used for Google Maps: After some research online, some people suggests this is because the latest Google Maps only supports IE version 8 and later. I was getting this error on Windows 8.1 (With Update) and Windows Server 2012 R2 (With Update). the IE version is 11: Long story short, in the end, I found the issue from couple of blog posts. In my lab, when PowerShell Web Browser widgets opens a page, it

OpsMgr Dashboard Fun: Google Maps

I am really excited about the 2 new PowerShell dashboard widget released in OpsMgr 2012 R2 UR2. PowerShell has always been my favourite scripting language, something I have been using on a daily basis since 2008. In my opinion, the opportunities are endless when having the ability to execute PowerShell scripts within an OpsMgr dashboard. I will start posting my ideas in this blog. Background For those who don’t know me, I work for an Australian retailer which has 3 brands (supermarkets, service stations and liquor stores) with totally over 2000 stores across the country. Pretty much every Windows device

Management Pack for the SCOM 2012 Maintenance Mode Scheduler

I’ve been working on a SCOM management pack during my spare time over the last couple of weeks. This management pack provides some basic monitoring for the SCOM 2012 Maintenance Mode Scheduler Version 2 developed by Tim McFadden (http://www.scom2k7.com/scom-2012-maintenance-mode-scheduler-2/). The purpose of this MP solution is to help this web-based maintenance mode scheduler integrate better within SCOM. The solution contains 2 management pack files. The following items are included: Class definitions and discoveries for the SCOM 2012 Maintenance Mode Scheduler. The monitoring MP defines 2 classes. a Microsoft.Windows.ComputerRole based class called “SCOM 2012 Maintenance Mode Scheduler”, which has many properties

Microsoft Surface Has Been Discovered as Virtual Machine in OpsMgr

I have my Surface Pro 2 being monitored by the OpsMgr management group in my lab. Today I noticed it has been discovered as a virtual machine in OpsMgr: The discovery for this property uses a WMI query: Select Name FROM Win32_BaseBoard WHERE Manufacturer = “Microsoft Corporation” And I queried Win32_BaseBoard class on my surface: If you also have Surface monitored by OpsMgr and there are groups being populated based on the “Virtual Machine” property of Windows Computer class, you may want to modify the group populator expression.

Packaging OpsMgr 2012 R2 Agent WITH Update Rollup in ConfigMgr 2012

Background About 6 months ago, I wrote a 2-part blog series on deploying OpsMgr 2012 R2 agents using ConfigMgr  (Part 1, Part 2). Since then, Update Rollup 1 and Update Rollup 2 has been released. Because UR1 did not include agent updates, I didn’t have to patch any agents. The most recent release of Update Rollup 2 does include agent updates, I’ll have to get the agents patched. For me, and the project that I’m working on, this is a perfect timing, UR2 was release right before we production transitioning our newly built OpsMgr 2012 R2 management groups and we

System Center 2012 R2 Icons

A while ago I extracted the icons from each System Center 2012 R2 products so I can use them in various Visio diagrams, PowerPoint presentations and Word documents. Yesterday I dug it out to use one of the icons. I thought other people may want to use them too. So here’s the zip file containing these icons (in both ico and png format): System Center 2012 R2 Icons Note: I found an online ico to png converter, so each icon has been converted to different sizes of png files to something like this:

System.Management.Automation.IncompleteParseException for a PowerShell script from my Management Pack

I’m currently working on a management pack that I’m hoping to be released to public very soon. In one of the workflows in the MP, I got an error logged in the Operations Manager event log on the target agent: The PowerShell script failed with below exception System.Management.Automation.IncompleteParseException: Missing closing ‘}’ in statement block. at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.Invoke(IEnumerable input) at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.PowerShell.RunspaceController.RunScript[T](String scriptName, String scriptBody, Dictionary`2 parameters, Object[] constructorArgs, IScriptDebug iScriptDebug, Boolean bSerializeOutput) Needless to say, the script runs just fine manually on the agent, so it is bug free. Took me a while to day to figure out what the issue is.

%d bloggers like this: