Clean Up SMA Database After a Module Deletion

Background I noticed an issue while I was writing a SMA integration module. I once made an mistake in the .json file and I noticed I couldn’t import the updated module back to SMA even after I firstly deleted the old version. I’ll explain this issue using a sample dummy module. Reproducing The Issue To reproduce the issue, I firstly created a dummy module with 3 files: The module .psm1 and the connection file .json (notice there’s a connection field named “ComputerName” in the .json file): I zipped and imported this module into SMA, everything looks good so far. and

SMA Management Pack Could Not Connect To Database Alerts – My Troubleshooting Experience

I’ve setup 2 servers for the SMA environment in my lab a while back. Yesterday, I loaded the SMA MP (version 7.2.89.0) into my OpsMgr management group. Needless to say, I followed the MP guide and configured the Database RunAs profile. However, soon after the MP is loaded, I started getting these 2 alerts: The Service Management Automation web service could not connect to the database. The Service Management Automation worker server could not connect to the database. To troubleshoot these alerts, I firstly unsealed the management pack Microsoft.SystemCenter.ServiceManagementAutomation.2012R2.mp, as this is where the monitors are coming from. The Data

ConfigMgr 2012 (R2) Client Management Pack Updated to Version 1.1.0.0

4th October, 2014: This MP has been updated to Version 1.2.0.0. Please download the latest version from this page: http://blog.tyang.org/2014/10/04/updated-configmgr-2012-r2-client-management-pack-version-1-2-0-0/. OK, after few weeks of hard work, the updated version of the ConfigMgr 2012 (R2) Client MP is finally here. The big focus in this release is to reduce the noise this MP generates. In the end, besides the new and updated components I have introduced in this MP, I also had to update every single script used by the monitors and rule. The changes since previous version (v1.0.1.0) are listed below: Bug Fixes: Software Update agent health not rolled up (dependency

What Have I Been Up To

This blog has been a bit quiet lately. This is because I have been very busy, and it’s just all the things I’ve been working on have not been eventuated yet. I just want to quickly post a short update here to share some information with everyone. ConfigMgr 2012 Client Management Pack Update I have spent the last couple of weeks updating the ConfigMgr 2012 Client Management Pack. I thought it would only take me few days but it turned out it has taken a lot longer than what I expected (2 solid weeks with over 10 hours each day

%d bloggers like this: