VMM 2012 Addendum Management Pack: Detect Failed VMM Jobs

Background My MVP friend Flemming Riis needed OpsMgr to alert on failed VMM jobs. After discovering that the native VMM MPs don’t have a workflow for this, I have offered my help and built this addendum MP to alert failed and warning (Completed w/ Info) VMM jobs: I thought it is going to be a quick task, turned out, I started writing this MP about 1 month ago and only able to release it now! The actual MP is pretty simple, 2 rules sharing a same data source which executes a PowerShell script to detect any failed and warning jobs

My Experience Manipulating MDT Database Using SMA, SCORCH and SharePoint

Background At work, there is an implementation team who’s responsible for building Windows 8 tablets in a centralised location (we call it integration centre) then ship these tablets to remote locations around the country. We use SCCM 2012 R2 and MDT 2013 to build these devices using a MDT enabled task sequence in SCCM. The task sequence use MDT locations to apply site specific settings (I’m not a OSD expert, I’m not even going to try to explain exactly what these locations entries do in the task sequence). In order to build these tablets for any remote sites, before kicking

Installing VMM 2012 R2 Cluster in My Lab

I needed to build a 2-node VMM 2012 R2 cluster in my lab in order to test an OpsMgr management pack that I’m working on. I was having difficulties getting it installed on a cluster based on 2 Hyper-V guest VMs, and I couldn’t find a real step-to-step detailed dummy guide. So after many failed attempts and finally got it installed, I’ll document the steps I took in this post, in case I need to do it again in the future. AD Computer accounts: I pre-staged 4 computer accounts in the existing OU where my existing VMM infrastructure is located: VMM01

Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition

Nowadays, Visual Studio is definitely one of my top 5 most-used applications. I have also started using Visual Studio Online to store source codes few months ago. I have started migrating my management packs and PowerShell scripts into Visual Studio Online, and connect Visual Studio to my Visual Studio Online repository. Microsoft has released a new edition of Visual Studio 2013 few days ago: Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition. This morning, in order to test it, I uninstalled Visual Studio Ultimate from one of my laptops, and installed the new community edition instead. I tested all the features and extensions

%d bloggers like this: