SCOM Enhanced Email Notification Script Version 2

Posted by Tao Yang on 16/08/2012 in PowerShell, SCOM |

Few years ago, I posted the SCOM Enhanced Email Notification Script in this blog and became well adopted by the community. Over the last week or so, I have spent most of my time at night re-writing this script and I have completed the new version (2.0) now. There are few reasons why I have […]

Tags: , ,


Find out who is connected to your SCOM 2007 management group

Posted by Tao Yang on 14/08/2012 in PowerShell, SCOM |

As we all know, we can see how many concurrent SDK connections have been established on the RMS by looking at the Client Connections counter in OpsMgr SDK Service: To find out who are actually connected, you can use the SDK:

Tags: ,


Scripting 101 For George

Posted by Tao Yang on 08/08/2012 in PowerShell |

Yesterday at work, we were having a chat with George, the team leader of our infrastructure 3rd level support team. George told me since he’s a team leader, he doesn’t have to be technical ANYMORE, all he needs to do is to delegate. Then the topic somehow shifted to scripting and George said to me […]

Tags: ,


SCOM Alert Notification–Using Skype

Posted by Tao Yang on 07/08/2012 in PowerShell, SCOM |

Recently I’ve been wanting to setup SCOM notifications in my test environment that can reach me even when I’m not home.. However, I had two problem: I don’t have Lync / OCS servers in my lab and my home test lab does not have a registered domain name and so the Exchange server in the […]

Tags: , , ,


Using PowerShell Remote Sessions in a large SCOM environment

Posted by Tao Yang on 07/06/2012 in PowerShell, SCOM |

I have previously blogged using SCOM PowerShell snap-in and SDK client in a PowerShell remote session to avoid maintain a consistent SDK connection to RMS server. I just found out there might be a potential issue when using this technique to run scripts against a reasonably large SCOM management group. By default, the maximum amount […]

Tags: , ,


Few PowerShell Functions Around Windows Security

Posted by Tao Yang on 21/05/2012 in PowerShell, Windows |

As parts of the PowerShell project that I’m currently working on, with the help with other people’s contribution in various forums and blogs, I have produced few PowerShell functions around Windows security: Validate Credential Usage: Get Current User Name Usage: Check If Current User has Local Admin Rights Usage: Check if a user is a […]

Tags: ,


Powershell: Prevent Users To View and Change Input or Config Files That Are Used by a Script

Posted by Tao Yang on 16/05/2012 in PowerShell |

Often, I use .xml or .ini files to store settings that a PowerShell script uses. When I distribute my scripts to end users, sometimes, I want to make sure users cannot manually view or change the content of these config files. Below is what I did to achieve the goal: Create a password protected zip […]



Using SCOM PowerShell Snap-in and SDK client with a PowerShell Remote Session

Posted by Tao Yang on 09/05/2012 in PowerShell, SCOM |

Recently, I’ve been working on a utility based on PowerShell scripts using WinForms GUI to perform some SCOM tasks (i.e. create maintenance window, approve manually installed agents, adding network devices, etc.). Since this script is going to be widely used in the organisation when it’s completed, I’ve always kept in mind that when users run […]

Tags: , ,


Disabling Auto Discovery in SCDPM 2010

Posted by Tao Yang on 01/03/2012 in SCDPM |

System Center Data Protection Manager is not something I normally play with. Recently, I’ve been dobbed in to troubleshoot an issue with remote sites network performance at work and the issue ended up was caused by Auto Discovery in DPM 2010. So basically, DPM has this built-in function called “Auto Discovery” which queries the domain […]

Tags: , ,


PowerShell Script: Remove All Packages From A SCCM Distribution Point

Posted by Tao Yang on 19/02/2012 in PowerShell, SCCM |

Often, SCCM administrators found packages still assigned to distribution points that no longer exist. There are scripts available to remove these “orphaned” package distributions via SMS Provider. i.e. This one called DPClean.vbs from TechNet Blog: Removing a retired DP from all your packages. It was written for SMS 2003. I’m not sure if SMS 2003 […]

Tags: , ,

Copyright © 2010-2014 Tao Yang's System Management Blog All rights reserved.
This site is using the Desk Mess Mirrored theme, v2.2.4.1, from BuyNowShop.com.