I developed the OpsMgrExnteded module back in 2015 and it was freely available from my company’s website. I also wrote a 18-post blog series on Automating OpsMgr using this module
I was also aware of a bug in the New-OMOverride function in the module since 2015. I never got around to fix it because my focus has been shifted away from System Center. I just had a requirement to use this module so I have spent a little bit time yesterday and updated it to version 1.3. Here’s the change log:
- Bug fixes in New-OMOverride function
- Added SCOM 2016 SDK DLLs to the module (SCOM 2016 UR14). There is no need to manually copy the DLLs to the module folder anymore.
- Updated the module manifest to make it compatible with PowerShell PackageManagement (WMF 5.0)
- Configured the module to automatically load SCOM 2016 SDK DLLs
- Removed Install-OpsMgrSDK and Import-OpsMgrSDK functions because they are not required
In addition to these updates, I have made the GitHub repo for this module public and published it to PowerShell Gallery. Now if you are running PowerShell v5+, you can install this module by simply running:
Install-Module OpsMgrExtended –Repository PSGallery –Force
Please feel free to fork the repo, submit pull requests, or provide feedback.